Full time – Fixed Term
Salary: £18,426 to £22,021
This post sits within the County Searches Information (CSI) branch of the Network Information and Compliance team. CSI are responsible for the maintenance of the Registers and supporting records of List of Streets of highways maintainable at public expense. CSI plays a crucial role within the land and property market within North Yorkshire as well as supporting colleagues in a variety of services within NYCC. Our customers demand and rely on our service to be accurate, informative and speedy.
We need a conscientious and customer focused person who is organised and accurate in their work; capable of following training; carry out duties without close supervision and perform to agreed targets.
· Can you read maps of varied quality, origins and scales?
· Do you know your way around North Yorkshire – its villages and Local Government?
· Do you have experience of using, researching, interpreting and communicating about both legal and technical documents?
· Are you able to help devise efficient business processes to ensure the service is effective and improve reply targets?
· Are you a quick, clear thinking learner?
· Do you have an aptitude for problem solving with good observational skills?
· Can you work under pressure on tasks that are crucial to property owners and businesses alike?
· Do you want to continue to develop professionally?
· ICT literacy would be advantageous. Training will be given in all systems and processes
· Sorry this is a restricted post; your sight cannot be ‘colour conflicted’.
The main duties of the Technical Assistant
· Researching and responding to CON29 highway search enquiries, which form part of the conveyancing process and rely on digital maps, registers and, on occasion, historic records.
· Researching and responding to written enquiries relating to highways issues using digital maps, registers, historical records and in consultation with colleagues in related services.
· Maintain, review, amend and update the records and maps of highways maintainable at public expense based on the Highways Act 1980 and related legislation.
· To work with, and support, the Senior Technical Officer in their duties to maintain and improve effective business processes, targets and charges.
· Process monthly invoices
If you feel your current skill sets put you in a good position, we look forward to receiving your application.
Due to the current restrictions this post will initially be working from home. All IT kit will be provided and training will be through online packages and one to one via skype. At the end of the restrictions, this post will be based in County Hall, Northallerton; however, some home working is expected.
Closing date: Sunday 12th July
Interview date: Friday 17th July
Please note this is a quick turnaround. Interviews will be held by Skype Video.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.