Senior Platform & Infrastructure Network Engineer
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £46,359 per annum
Technology Services (TS) deliver a wide range of business applications, platforms and infrastructure that are essential to the provision of services throughout the council. The Platform & Infrastructure Team are responsible for implementation and ongoing support of the on-premise and cloud services.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable network engineer to design, support and implement network and application infrastructure across both our on-premise and cloud platforms.
As well as taking the lead on the implementation of new network products you will be a key part of our migration of on-premise applications and platforms to our Azure infrastructure.
- Manage a range of tasks, which could be large scale, enterprise deployments lasting several months, to smaller requirements with short timescales.
- Work with other internal and external teams.
- Provide technical advice, assurance and recommendations to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours, depending on the requirements for any specific day
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation such as low level designs and knowledge base articles
- Use your skills, knowledge and experience to support and mentor your colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- LAN, WAN & security hardware
- Site to Site VPNs (Configuring and troubleshooting multi-vendor IPSec VPNs)
- Point to Site VPNs
- Network Services Protocols – DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMPv3
- Strong experience of the OSI / TCP/IP Models
- Understanding of Network Protocols: Quality of Service (QoS), HSRP, GRE, IPSEC, OSPF and BGP
- Experienced supporting large LAN / WAN Network environments
- Network Monitoring & Troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, Solarwinds)
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent certification
- Experience of working within the Azure environment
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Azure Public Cloud Network Configuration
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
To apply for this job please visit www.workingforessex.com.