Salary: £38,813 to £42,683
Location: Northallerton or home based – travel independently across county and region
The post can be either full year or term time only.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Consultant to join our successful team who deliver financial management services to schools and academies across North Yorkshire and its surrounding regions.
Financial Management Services (FMS) operates as part of North Yorkshire Educational Services (NYES) and provides financial advice and support to over 300 schools and academies on a traded basis. The service has a turnover in excess of £1.2m per annum, excellent customer retention rates, and has a reputation for delivering high quality valued support to clients. In addition to this we are one of only 9 organisations supplying School Resources Management Advisers (SRMA’s) to the DfE.
As Senior Financial Consultant you will have a key role in shaping and managing the service and in ensuring service priorities are successfully delivered. You will be responsible for delivering outstanding services to clients; establishing strong relationships with clients and ensuring delivery of a value added service; assisting with service and product development; promoting the service to current and potential clients; and delivering training to key stakeholders. You will have line management responsibility for a team of specialist professionals. You will also have the opportunity to apply for SRMA accreditation, if you are not already accredited
To be successful you must:
· Hold full membership of AAT and/or be educated to degree level;
· Have significant experience in financial management and the provision of financial support;
· In depth knowledge of budget preparation, management and monitoring;
· Have knowledge of school financial management legislation and processes;
· Proven track record of staff management, meeting targets and delivering high quality customer service levels;
· Be able to interpret and analyse financial and non-financial information and to advise on, and make recommendations for improvement where necessary;
· Have good influencing and negotiating skills.
We are ideally looking for those who have Academy experience but will welcome applicants with accounting/financial experience or experience with maintained schools.
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available.
If you have an interest in our role and would like to hold an informal conversation, please contact
Trish Gourley on 01609 533545
Closing date: Sunday 12th July
Interview date: 17th & 20th July
This role requires an Enhanced DBS
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.