The Client Affairs Team within the City of York Council are looking to appoint a Senior Client Affairs Team Officer to undertake the day to day financial management of our Court of Protection Deputyship customers.
This role ensures vulnerable customers have appropriate access to their money in order to enhance their life.
You will maintain contact with the customer to identify and manage their assets, including investments and properties. You will ensure that the customer has access to money for daily expenditure and that they are in receipt of the correct benefits and income. A regular task is to purchase items in order to improve the customer’s life, such as holidays, furniture, or even a simple bouquet of flowers.
This role is very varied and fast paced but rewarding as it provides a chance to make an important difference in our customers’ lives.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Experienced financial administrators with a keen eye for detail.
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel, accurate data input and reconciling financial accounts.
- Organised workers with the flexibility to deal with changing priorities and a high volume of work.
- Confident to deal with a variety of stakeholders including vulnerable clients.
- Able to understand benefit entitlements along with other financial products.
- Full driving licence holders as you will be required to visit customers in their homes and attend multi agency meetings across the county.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C1: Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously, almost effortlessly. Only a conceptually difficult subject can hinder a natural, smooth flow of language.
City of York Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Rhona McLachlan, Client Affairs Team Leader, [email protected] or on 01904 555457.
Closing date: Sunday 12 July 2020 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 20 July 2020
To apply for this job please visit jobs.york.gov.uk.