An exciting opportunity has arisen for a key role in Business and Economic Development to support the development and implementation of the Service. The successful candidate will manage the operation and delivery of support services across the service area. The management of resources including the responsibility for financial processing as required in accordance with the Council’s financial regulations.
• To work with the Senior Managers for Regeneration and Business & Enterprise with responsibility for the organisation and provision of clerical, technical and administrative support for key strategic board meetings directly linked to the service area. This will include taking a lead role in the development and maintenance of management information systems / office systems, producing and responding to complex correspondence.
• Take a lead role in planning, development, design, organisation and monitoring of support systems, procedures and policies specific to the Business and Economic Development service area.
• To contribute to the development and design of Corporate systems, procedures and policies in relation to administrative processes.
• To develop work specifications and where necessary take the lead on the contract procurement process, in accordance with the Council’s standing order/procurement process and procedures.
• To lead on the implementation of new ICT systems and procedures for the service area.
• To assist with the management and monitoring of budgets and to undertake the following financial duties; handling and reconciliation of petty cash or other amounts of cash, cheque, debit card payments and expenditure, processing orders, invoices (incoming and outgoing), processing creditor payments and raising debtors accounts
• Operate, demonstrate and deliver training on relevant ICT software packages e.g. word processing packages, databases, spreadsheets, specialist software to support programme and project delivery across the service area.
• Liaison with service users, technical experts, and various Government bodies as necessary in relation to economic development matters.
• Responsibility for the coordination of complex technical administrative procedures, systems and procedures e.g. developing systems and procedures specifically in relation to planning and regulatory services, HR, Finance, Payroll etc
• Interpret matters of policy/procedure/statute to ensure the service area’s compliance and initiate appropriate action arising.
• To be responsible for the completion and submission of complex monitoring forms, returns etc, including those to external bodies.
• To coordinate all responses to Members Enquiries, FOI requests and other formal requests for information on behalf of the service area
• Any other duties commensurate with the post.
A job share would be considered.
For an informal discussion, please contact Graham Sword on (0191) 643 6421.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
To apply for this job please visit www.northeastjobs.org.uk.