This role will be responsible for carrying out data extraction, manipulation, research, analysis, and interpretation of data to provide meaningful future thinking workforce analysis. This will enable insight for Directors and Heads of Service that will support well informed, strategic decision making and support delivery of the workforce strategy, a key building block of the organisation strategy.
Key deliverables will be co-created, working alongside our People Business Partners. This role provides the data, evidence and insight to help plan the council’s workforce of the future. Working with a CIPD framework, the plans created as a result of the evidence will focus on our workforce from five different lenses: right size, right shape, right people, right skills and right cost.
Initially working on a function by function basis, plans will be consolidated, showing the overarching future of our workforce, to help determine the level of change required, in that time.
This role will also contribute to the overall performance of our existing people plans through the creation of performance reporting covering vital aspects of the employee journey, change management as well expanding into our digital performance (both internal and external).
The workforce planning analytics lead will also play a pivotal role, ensuring that ECC gets the most value out of people analytics, able to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders.
Roles at this level will provide expert professional advice to inform corporate management and development of the council as a whole. They will lead on turning this advice into business cases for approval at senior levels, including political approval. The service delivery requirements and standards are usually clearly defined by the Director with annual staff and financial budgets. The role will be accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met
- Working collaboratively within and across functions to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis.
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans
- Implementing changes to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered.
- Managing complex issues that meet the needs of customers and delivery the best possible outcomes.
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function.
- Equality and diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken.
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk.
- Deliver exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues.
- Responsible for the creation of outstanding workforce management information visuals and associated stakeholder management to ensure ECC leads the way in people analytics.
- Responsible for the data production for strategic workforce planning, attending functional leadership team meetings alongside the people business partners, to ensure maximum value is driven from the workforce planning activity.
- Work collaboratively with People Business Partners and key stakeholders across the organisation, on data requirements linked to strategic priorities, to identify gaps and create development plans which support implementation.
- Responsible for continuing the production of our statutory and traded service obligations, with the objective, to ensure maximum efficiency in business as usual activity.
- Responsible for ensuring support for achieving the best recruitment decision making (including talent and succession pipelines) by providing a clear understanding of current and future resourcing demands, which will inform the future shape of the organisation.
- Responsible for ensuring information governance processes are adhered to for ODP data and system access, to ensure GDPR adherence.
- Develop and deliver presentations to ODP and business leaders on workforce trends and metrics that impact business outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with People Business Partners, People Consultants and wider ODP colleagues to ensure robust action planning and tracking. Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Responsible for continuing the production of our statutory and traded service
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent by experience and preferably working towards a CIPD qualification.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Knowledge of working with Oracle E-Business Suite Discover & BI Publisher is essential.
- Working knowledge of Cornerstone on Demand reporting 2.0 would be an advantage.
- Significant experience of delivering data led projects in a large complex organisation.
- Working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management and is able to identify risks and create mitigation plans.
- Advanced technical data manipulation skills, with ability to use complex Excel formulas, advanced MI tool extraction skills, including query building.
- Strong track record of stakeholder management, being able to present and explain complex data and modelling in a simple, understandable way.
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with some understanding of system architecture and requirements building.
- Experience in similar roles, developing strategic, long term plans but also capable of delivering the operational requirements of the workload.
To apply for this job please visit essexcc.taleo.net.