We are currently seeking an experienced manager to work in the Parks and Open Spaces Team of Bexley Council’s Communities Department. The post we are looking for an experienced Partnerships & Activities Manager with a history of community and stakeholder engagement, audience development and project delivery to join a dynamic parks team. The post holder will demonstrate an understanding of community participation schemes, formal and informal learning, event delivery, audience development, building / facilities management and venue programming.
They will look to maximise the capacity and benefits of Lesnes Abbey Lodge (HLF funded new visitor and community hub building) developing relationships with internal LBB colleagues and departments, hirers and local business whilst co-ordinating the scheduled uses of the centre and managing its spaces to ensure the development of a financially sustainable business plan for the Lesnes Lodge.
What we offer
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough. Bexley parks are extremely diverse and as well as providing a wide range of facilities for recreation, many parks contain important wildlife habitats. Lesnes Abbey Woods in the north of the Borough is Bexley’s second largest park at 88 hectares and as well as more formal park facilities it contains regionally important wildlife habitats and a ruin of a 12th century abbey. The importance of this park, which serves a large and in parts highly deprived community, project to improve access, heritage, interpretation and the community engagement of this incredible site.
- Closing Date for your application: 23/07/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated interview date: TBC
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bexley.gov.uk.