This role in the first instance is to provide proactive, efficient and effective secretarial and administra-tive support to HM Senior Coroner’s Office (Essex Coroners Service).
Leadership and Cabinet Support provide a flexible and agile service to senior leaders, enabling them to achieve strategic goals.
Leadership Assistants will primarily support a specific functional area, providing efficient administration services including effective diary and inbox management as agreed. Preparation of correspondence, arranging events and supporting key meetings.
This role requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at senior level, including leadership teams. With experience of working within a business support environment and delivering a complete range of administrative tasks, including meeting support, diary management and tracking progress against agreed actions.
* Work closely with senior leaders, Executive Assistant and support colleagues, to deliver a professional, support service to enhance the effectiveness of the Functional Leadership Team.
* Responsible for proactive management of senior leader’s diaries, ensuring appropriate use of time, provision of meeting materials, arranging suitable venues and equipment and booking travel if required.
* Responsible for management of senior leader’s emails, post and calls, prioritising items for attention, according to sensitivity, confidentiality and contention. Using professional judgement and working knowledge to resolve issues where appropriate.
* Provides a range of meeting support services including documentation preparation and circulation, minute taking where business critical.
* Develop and maintain electronic filing systems which ensure correspondence and data are effectively monitored.
* Responsible for managing confidential information appropriately, collating and distributing political and sensitive information in line with policy and procedures.
* Contributes to the effective management of the Complaints process.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Educated to level 2, (GCSE) or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and good knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Evidence of working within a business support environment. Experience of delivering personal and meeting support including prioritising competing demands is essential.
* Experience of managing information and data record systems, with good analytical and research skills.
* Experience of working closely with senior leaders, in a complex business environment.
* Strong communication skills with proven ability to translate information/data in a clear way, to a wide range of audiences.
* Ability to deliver organisational and cultural change, which leads to continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
To apply for this job please visit essexcc.taleo.net.