Please note, this part time post is for 22 hours per week, therefore the pro rata salary is up to £16,538
The Risk & Insurance team are responsible for all insurance and risk management advice focused on supporting the council’s service delivery and commissioned services. Providing oversight and assurance that effective and appropriate insurance arrangements are in place and managers, across the Council, are supported to effectively manage strategic risks.
The Insurance Advisor will contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective insurance service. Managing routine property and motor claims in accordance with policy, supporting new streams of business and providing customer advice and guidance.
This role will possess, or be willing to work towards, a professional insurance qualification e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate. Experience of working in an insurance environment is desirable including knowledge of claims handling and an ability to provide information and data. Individuals without insurance experience but who possess transferable skills and have the motivation to succeed in this role are welcomed. Excellent customer service skills are key to this role, in order to maximise income generated through the Academy Framework.
* Supports the Insurance Lead in the delivery of an effective insurance service, working to drive reductions in cost, by continuously improving systems and processes to maximise efficiency.
* Supports the Insurance Lead in the management of the Essex Academies Framework to maintain and increase income generation, process renewals and ensure customer premiums are received.
* Support the risk financing arrangements to significantly reduce insurance premiums and the impact on the insurance fund.
* Responsible for managing property and motor claims in accordance with insurance policy, liaising with Loss Adjusters, Surveyors, Insurers and other bodies.
* Works collaboratively with customers to provide advice and guidance on insurance requirements and operational risk management.
* Delivers information and data, including freedom of information requests, in line with predetermined timescales and protocols.
* Support the development and maintenance of insurance related IT systems, ensuring effective delivery of services and production of quality management information.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Possesses a professional insurance qualification e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Knowledge of insurance and claims handling principles.
* Experience of working within an insurance environment.
* Ability to produce quality information and data in support of requests received.
* Knowledge of insurance related IT systems.
* Experience of working collaboratively to build good relationships which deliver excellent customer service.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website.
Apply and next steps
In order to be considered, please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
To apply for this job please visit essexcc.taleo.net.