37.0 Hours per Week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our highly regarded Income Team, managing a team of staff responsible for the billing and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income and overpaid Housing Benefits.
As Income Team Leader, you will:
- Plan the team’s workload and manage individual as well as team performance
- Carry out appraisals and one-to-ones whilst motivating and training staff
- Analyse income collection and trends
- Draft income collection and review timetables
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff dealing with technical and complex queries.
- Liaise with internal departments as well as external organisations and agencies
- Prepare and represent Solihull Council at Court and Tribunal hearings
You will have:
- Experience working for a local authority in Revenue & Benefits at a supervisory level.
- Experience dealing with all aspects of staff’s performance, management of attendance and monthly reviews
- Experience of dealing with complex enquiries covering Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income or overpaid Housing Benefits.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage the workload of yourself and others.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information both verbally and in writing.
In return, we can offer a varied and challenging role with a wide scope of responsibilities in our Income and Awards service.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Richard Lowe, Income Team Manager on 0121 704 6216.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
This is a two stage interview process, and initial online assessments will take place week commencing 3rd May from which successful candidates will be invited to interview.
Interviews will be held on 27th June 2019.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmjobs.co.uk.