Website Crawley Borough Council
Salary: £67,103 – £73,546
Crawley is a place that just keeps getting better. A major economic hub, and home to major organisations including Gatwick Airport, it continues to offer sustained growth, high quality employment opportunities and a great quality of life.
You will be either working at this strategic level or though your experience can demonstrate the ability to step up to the Head of Service. We will be looking for someone who can demonstrate the ability to lead a wide range of teams; design, drive and deliver a diverse range of agendas and projects; and operate effectively at the most senior level of the Council including within political and partnership circles.
The successful candidate will take on the role working closely with the Deputy Chief Executive and the wider CMT team, you will be responsible for:
- Effective management and delivery of Community Services, ensuring delivery of key projects and driving continuous improvement
- Being an active member of the Corporate Management Team and the delivery of corporate agendas
- Working closely with and providing advice to Cabinet and responding proactively to other Councillors
- Managing budgets and staff, ensuring compliance with statutory duties
- Liaising with the public, other Council divisions, other local authorities and organisations as needed
- To provide the corporate lead for children and adult safeguarding on behalf of the Chief Executive
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Duke, Deputy Chief Executive on 01293 438005.
Closing date: 31 March 2019
First Stage Interview date: 4 & 5 April 2019
Second Stage Interview (Member Panel): 15 April 2019
Please quote reference: CF1
For more information and to apply, please visithttps://cbcmanagers.uk
To apply for this job please visit cbcmanagers.uk.