About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better. As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen within the Finance Department for a Finance Manager supporting our joint venture; Regional Enterprise. Regional Enterprise Ltd (Re) is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Services provided by Re to the Council include Planning and Development management, Highways, Building Control and Cemetery and crematorium management to name but a few.
This role will be expected to provide expertise and high-quality financial output to senior stakeholders, proactively contribute to the achievement of the finance service’s vision, and contribute towards an innovative, high performance and continuous improvement culture.
About the role
- Inform a strategic vision for the service that enables the council to meet its future challenges.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of the Council’s financial strategy.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure best use of limited financial resources, providing the strategic financial advice and insight.
- Draw on knowledge of Council services and financial complexities, to ensure the provision of systems and procedures that enable effective budgetary control.
- Advise head of finance officers on funding, financial management and accounting requirements.
- Promote a culture which empowers budget holders and supports the delivery of value for money services and knowledge of key cost drivers.
- Member of CCAB, (preferably CIPFA), CIMA, CFA, IRRV or ACT or eligible to qualify within 6-12 months
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of the major issues facing local government, understanding of the national policy context, requirements and future direction for relevant service areas
- Experience in persuading stakeholders to work together, encouraging an organisational focus on the needs of the community
- Able to lead, inspire and motivate employees and generate a positive working environment
- Ability to think critically, apply innovative and creative thinking to address complex service challenges
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
How to apply
Click on the apply button on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. For further information please contact Devrim Marriott, Head of Finance: Environment and Corporate Reporting at Devrim.Marriott@Barnet.gov.uk or Damien Pantling, Head of Finance: Growth and Corporate Services at Damien.Pantling@Barnet.gov.uk.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
To apply for this job please visit new-smart-feed.vacancy-filler.co.uk.