Website Walsall Council
Employment (Sector) Growth Officer (Two posts)- ref EE30018
Salary: G9 £31,914 – £36,740 per annum
Walsall Council’s Corporate Plan recognises economic growth for all people, communities and businesses as one of its strategic priorities. Indeed, the economy matters across all outcomes for the Council and its partners. Together with this commitment, we have the drive and ambition to make the most of all local, regional and national opportunities and ensure delivery.
We enjoy fantastic working relationships with our Black Country LEP partners and the West Midlands Combined Authority and have a reputation as a place that gets things done.
We are currently looking for two Employment (Sector) Growth Officers to join the Employment Growth Team who can help us deliver our aims. You will:
- Primarily work with local businesses to understand their needs and provide advice, support and interventions, either directly or via our partners and other agencies
- help in removing barriers and in sustaining and creating employment growth
- Ideally, you should be educated to degree level, have experience of working with the business community and a good understanding of their needs.
- Experience of working in a public sector environment and an understanding of external funding opportunities for businesses and practical experience of applying for and managing grants would be an advantage.
- You must be able to build good working relationships with businesses, colleagues, elected members and other partner organisations.
- Good communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and achieve results is essential.
- Annual leave of 27 days or 32 days with 5 years continuous local government service + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Casual car user allowance
- Access to Learning & Development training courses to aid your development
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing of our staff
- Inspirational values
- A commitment to equality and diversity
If you would like more information, please call Margaret Dunn on 01922 654750
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31 March 2019
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English
To apply for this job please visit www.wmjobs.co.uk.