Website Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Communities Officer (Engagement and Development)
You will be responsible for engaging and supporting community and voluntary organisations across Nuneaton and Bedworth to improve quality of life of residents. In addition you will be working with a range of organisations to develop and deliver exciting initiatives that will have a positive impact to all of our communities.
To succeed in this role candidates must be self-motivated, highly organised and can demonstrate a high level of creativity, empathy and confidence when addressing and working with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders.
Experience of community development is required as are excellent communication and customers service skills. You will need to demonstrate initiative, resilience and flexibility as well as being passionate about supporting people and communities to maximise their potential.
• Experience of providing an effective and proactive service that enables community organisations to develop and implement initiatives in line with adopted and emerging priorities.
• Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations on a one to one and group basis to address issues and challenges in wards and neighbourhoods across the Borough.
• Experience of networking, developing and maintaining good working relationships with both internal and external organisations/agencies to maximise the impact of the Communities team.
• Experience of assisting in maintaining budgetary controls across all programme areas ensuring value for money and adherence to Council approved procedures in the procurement and payment of services.
• Experience in the development of policies and/or strategies in line with government and legislative changes.
• Experience of researching and applying for funding opportunities from national, regional and local funders.
For information regarding the role, pleas contact Abu Malek on 02476 376358 or [email protected]
Interviews to take place 7th January 2020
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV’s and do not keep CV’s on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
To apply for this job please visit chp.wmjobs.co.uk.