This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Chief Investment Officer to lead Brunel’s investment strategy and team. The successful candidate will share Brunel’s client focus and strong commitment to sustainability, while bringing a wealth of investment experience to ensure the delivery of our investment objectives and superior performance.
Brunel is strongly committed to diversity and fosters a positive and inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from candidates of every ethnicity, gender, sexuality and age.
As Chief Investment Officer, you will:
· Chair the Investment Committee and lead Brunel’s investment strategy to ensure that it delivers Brunel’s long term and responsible investment ethos and meets Clients’ strategic and investment performance objectives
· Lead the Investment team, line-managing the Head of Listed Markets, Head of Private Markets and Chief Responsible Investment Officer
· Provide advice and guidance to Clients on investment returns, trends and strategies in line with client mandates
· Be an active influencer in the asset management industry, building productive commercial relationships, while challenging managers to improve their responsible investment credentials
· Ensure effective management of the Investment team’s operational risk and compliance exposure and support relevant audit and monitoring activity with the legal, risk and compliance team
· Take responsibility for Brunel’s product governance process, ensuring the Board can fulfil their MiFID II requirements
· Ensure effective management and forecasting of the Investment team’s associated costs, monitoring and delivering against budget
As a leading figure in the UK pension investment industry, you will have the following attributes:
· A successful track record of delivering a significant outsourced investment strategy, ideally within a regulated environment
· A strong commitment to Brunel’s values, including diversity and sustainability
· Experience of undertaking manager selection, due diligence, oversight of managers and investment risk management as applied to an outsourced investment environment
· Demonstrable ability to direct new product developments, based on extensive knowledge of multiple asset classes as well as asset pooling regimes
· A strong understanding of responsible investing principles and how they integrate with a wider investment strategy
· FCA Senior Management Function accreditation
· Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to lead an investment team and build influential relationships at all levels, inside and outside the organisation
Brunel is an FCA regulated full scope MiFID investment management firm, established by our 10 Clients (9 local authority pension schemes and the Environment Agency) to ensure their pension schemes are sustainable and cost effective. Brunel has currently transitioned ~£15bn of assets from a pool of £28bn and has an agreed strategic plan to invest the remaining £13bn over the coming years.
Brunel invests across the range of asset classes, primarily through outsourced investment management relationships, but retains responsibility for manager selection and monitoring, product development as well as some discretionary management to implement client strategies.
Established in 2017, our progress in our first three years has been built on clear values, a strong culture and well-defined investment principles. This role will build on this progress and lead Brunel through the next stage of our development.
How to apply
To express formal interest and to receive a pack please e-mail [email protected] quoting reference BPP/CIO. The closing date for applications is July 17th, 2020. Interviews are likely to be held from early August
For initial confidential questions, please contact the Chair, Denise Le Gal at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.brunelpensionpartnership.org.