An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Transformation and Partnerships Service for an experienced Business Analyst post (temporary until February 2021) to work to assist and transform the Council into becoming a forward thinking modern organisation with an opportunity to make a significant difference for those who live or work in County Durham.
The post holder is responsible for providing strategic leadership in business analytics. They will lead by example in terms of embedding the vision, values and behaviours of the council.
The role will include:
• Providing clear and visible leadership in a project environment;
• Driving improvements within internal and customer facing processes;
• Conducting detailed analysis of the business and its needs;
• Improving productivity which will result in more efficient and effective processes across all areas of the Council;
• Producing and developing business requirement documents for both internal and customer focused projects including digital workforce and digital customer themed projects;
• Directing a series of process improvements using Lean Six Sigma and other Business Process Improvement techniques;
• Establishing effective communication lines and building working relationships within the project team; and
• Gathering information on requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, cases studies, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
Candidates should hold a relevant professional qualification at degree level or equivalent together with experience of running project definition workshops and resolving complex scoping issues and stakeholder conflicts.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on either 7 or 8 August 2019.
For further information, please contact Abbie McQuillan by telephone on 03000 264714 or via email at [email protected]
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM [email protected] AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on 03000 268153/264223 or email [email protected]