Website Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated individual to work within the Housing Capital Projects admin team based at Gresham Road Depot, Nuneaton. You will provide general administration support relating to the Asset Management of Council Dwellings, including answering telephones, assisting with organising meetings including minute taking, diary management for the stock condition surveyors, updating our Housing databases, issuing works instructions to contractors, processing routine financial transactions along with communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The role will require you to undertake home visits to Council dwellings to progress right to buy applications along with site visits to Housing assets.
You should have:
• previous experience of working in a customer focused environment dealing with scheduling appointments relating to reactive and planned programmes of work.
• Previous experience of general office administration duties including minute taking, managing agendas, managing colleagues diaries and processing financial transactions.
• Effective IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (medium to advanced level).
• Experience of setting tasks for contractors and monitoring for completion
• Must be prepared to attend site visits when needed, and effectively deal with vulnerable situations.
• Hold full UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance. This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form.
We do not accept CV’s and do not keep CV’s on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Work Pattern: 16 hours Part time.
The working days for this post are Thursdays and Fridays. Interviews: Thursday 5th September 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmjobs.co.uk.