Website Redbridge London Borough Council
The Housing Needs Service is undergoing a radical? transformation to achieve successful outcomes for our residents. We are seeking people who excel in building positive and trusting relationships with the skills and expertise to deliver lasting housing solutions for our residents.
You would be arriving at the London Borough of Redbridge at an exciting time, joining an ambitious new Housing Needs Service that embraces change and a positive learning culture for colleagues with a vision to secure sustainable housing solutions for all.
We are seeking an individual who wants to work in a resident-centred service. You will play a major part in making residents’ lives better in preventing and relieving homelessness.
The role requires either some knowledge of CBL systems, Allocations Policies or the willingness and ability to learn. You will be able to offer information and guidance to our residents.
* Allocating accommodation in line with part VI of the Housing Act 1996, essentially to council and registered provider homes
* Allocating permanent homes in line with the Housing Allocations Scheme through the choice based lettings system
* Complete direct matching processes for those with medical needs (including delayed discharge of care cases), under occupiers, management transfers, sheltered applicants.
* Verify the applications of final shortlisted applicants for permanent properties
* Provide comprehensive housing advice on housing options for applicants to the housing register awaiting rehousing and to those allocated homes.
* Allocate temporary accommodation, prevention and PRSO’s in line with the Temporary Accommodation Placement Policy and suitability assessment
For an informal discussion, please contact Martin Pereira, Senior Accommodation Manager [email protected]
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th September
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.