23rd Sep 2019 - NewStart
If you want to be at the heart of a borough undergoing exciting growth and rapid development – this is the role for you. Redbridge is beginning a journey of transformation to make the borough brilliant.
Our planning policy team is looking for a Planning Policy, Design and Infrastructure Manager – someone who can lead the department through an ambitious programme of change and make Redbridge an exceptional place to live, work and play in, for the long term.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and proactive professional planner with considerable experience in the delivery of strategic scale urban extensions and new settlements. The new Harborough District Local Plan has just been adopted and we are developing a Strategic Growth Delivery Team in order to deliver the major development and new place-making identified within the Local Plan and beyond. There is a requirement to ensure the large scale development identified in the Local Plan is delivered within the timescales set out in the Plan to ensure the District maintains its 5 year land supply.
18 Month Apprenticeship
Two Infrastructure and Commercial Apprentices are required to assist the Highways/ Bridges and Structures/flooding ands Coastal Engineer/Technicians in the day to day handling of correspondence and documentation associated with on going schemes. The successful applicant will be required to –
• To assist in the upkeep of Scheme Databases.
• To assist in the preparation of documentation, letters, Certificates, Plans and Drawings relating to specific schemes.
• To handle all types of daily correspondence associated with schemes
• To assist and provide advice to operatives and Developers in relation to Council construction standards.
• To check submitted construction drawings/plans and advise Developers and Consultants accordingly.
• To assist with the day to day dealings with the general public.
• To work in partnership with other Sections and Directorates of the Council and external organisations. Assisting in dealing with queries and representatives from the general public, Council Members, the press and others.
• To promote the culture and vision of the Directorate and the Council through actively co-operating with other Council employees and management.
• To maintain an awareness of relevant Statutory and City Council regulations, procedures and practices and participating in ensuring Directorate compliance.
• To undertake the duties of the post in accordance with the Authority’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies and legislative requirements and all other Council policies.
• To undertake any training or personal development opportunity identified at a time and venue determined by management.
An opportunity has arisen for a Housing Regeneration Support Officer until 31 August 2021.
The post holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to Project Managers in relation to the delivery of housing energy efficiency and fuel poverty projects.
Applicants should be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent together with having a proven track record in the delivery of advice to residents including energy efficiency grant programmes and energy tariffs, including referrals to partner agencies for additional support.
Senior Wildlife Ranger (Coastal Mitigation Service)
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Hours per week: 37
An exciting opportunity has arisen to implement and lead the Northumberland Coastal Mitigation Service (CMS). As Senior Wildlife Ranger you will take a strategic approach to tackling recreational impacts on internationally important wildlife sites on one of the most beautiful coastlines in the UK. With responsibility for managing a Wildlife Ranger and local volunteers, you will undertake a variety of roles, including ornithological monitoring, education and awareness-raising, enforcement, designing solutions for disturbance hotspots, nest protection and control of pirri-pirri bur within dune grasslands. There will also be opportunities to develop habitat management and creation projects.
Stockton-on-Tees is a Unitary Authority forming part of the Tees Valley sub-region. The Council has a reputation for innovation and effective scheme delivery, and is committed to working in partnership to meet the needs of local stakeholders. The Economic Growth and Development Services Division is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of services across the Borough.
Tees Valley is where five distinct boroughs come together to make one exceptional destination in which to invest, live, work and visit.
The Tees Valley Combined Authority has made huge progress since its creation over two years ago, taking on devolved responsibilities from Government for transport, infrastructure, skills, business investment, and developing local collaborations on culture, tourism and housing.
The Tees Valley covers five local authorities – Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton and Redcar & Cleveland – with a combined population of 660,000.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the first Mayoral Combined Authorities at the forefront of northern growth and a flagship for successful devolution with ambition to create 25,000 jobs and £2.8bn extra growth in Tees Valley. As a forward thinking Mayoral Combined Authority, our ten year Investment Plan 2019-29 stands at £588.2 million for new investment opportunities with the potential for further funding.