The IPPR has said said that reducing migrant over-qualification to the levels of UK-born workers would help improve the UK’s wages and productivity.
19th Jun 2019 - NewStart
The act, which makes rough sleeping and begging illegal in England and Wales, only pushes homeless people away from help, Crisis has found in a new report.
The North East Combined Authority is recruiting a Strategy and Democratic Services Assistant to support the NECA decision making process. You will be responsible for supporting the development of strategies within NECA.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Nicola Robason, Head of Corporate and External Affairs, South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council, email: [email protected]
Walsall Council’s Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. We are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Our vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate at a strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Location: 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click for information on Camden’s flexible working options
At Merton we are working to be London’s best Council. At the heart of this is a commitment to be a business-like Borough, one that understands the cost and value of our work and ensures everything we do contributes to meeting the priorities we have agreed with our residents. As Head of Human Resources, you will take the lead on reshaping our HR service so that it provides outstanding advice and support, pro-actively optimises the effectiveness of our people, and helps drive successful organisational transformation.
At Merton we are working to be London’s best Council. At the heart of this is a commitment to be a business-like Borough, one that understands the cost and value of our work and ensures everything we do contributes to meeting the priorities we have agreed with our residents. As Head of Organisational Development & HR Strategy, you will take the lead on organisational development, leading and shaping our OD & HR Strategy service to optimise our human resource and help ensure delivery of our objectives.
Supported Lettings Officer
37 Hrs per week
12 month fixed term contract
Following a successful bid as part of the governments Rapid Rehousing Initiative, Ryedale DC will provide a community based housing support service to prevent homelessness and support tenancy sustainment.
Key areas of the role
1. To support the development and operational delivery of housing across the council.
2. To provide intensive housing support within private, housing association or council accommodation to prevent homelessness and rough sleeping
3. To provide flexible housing support to those with a history of homelessness or sofa surfing in order to sustain their tenancies
4. Work in partnership with support officers at the Council owned Supported Housing project by helping residents to maintain the accommodation and seeking suitable alternative accommodation
5. To work with internal colleagues and external partner organisations to ensure access to accommodation options through providing support for those who are most vulnerable.
6. To increase the available lettings options available to our clients and provide housing support once tenancies have been established.
7. Provide housing support to clients within Houses in Multiple Occupation managed by the Council.
8. Enable community based support to be accessible at first point of contact
9. Develop a referral process with social landlords and other private landlords/lettings agents for access to housing support to facilitate tenancy sustainment and access to tenancies
10. Attend relevant multi agency meetings in support of developing coordinated responses in meeting the needs of those at risk of homelessness
11. To work with local statutory and non-statutory mental health services and addiction services to ensure signposting to specialist agencies.
12. To become the point of contact for external agencies for those who are being supported.
13. To provide high quality, responsive support to customer issues.
14. To support the objectives of the Council’s Homelessness Strategy
15. To support diversity and inclusion across the service area in terms of service delivery and partnership working.
Beside the sea.
Stunning. Historic. Vibrant: no wonder Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) have attracted visitors for hundreds of years. As we enter our third month as one of the UK’s largest unitary authorities, we’re determined to make this amazing coastal area an even more incredible place. As Director of Destination & Culture, you’ll lead exciting developments that will boost the local economy and enhance our exceptional culture and heritage. Through you, this will become a world-class destination.
The Democratic and Scrutiny Services team is looking for an enthusiastic individual with initiative and drive to join our small but busy team to cover maternity leave for up to 12 months starting from 29 July 2019.
The work is varied and involves supporting numerous committee meetings including the Executive, regulatory and scrutiny committees and applicants will need to be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of the service.